You get to see places you’ve never experienced before. You can have amazing adventures and create memories for a lifetime. Road trips can be incredible journeys. Just make sure you have a solid road trip prep list in Houston, TX before your drive. Otherwise, those memories you create might not be as pleasant as you’d hoped.
What should be on your road trip prep list in Houston, TX? Use the following as a guide to make sure you’re ready before you hit the road:
- Oil change: Complete this basic vehicle maintenance before your trip to make sure your partymobile is ready for the long haul.
- Cleaning: Give your vehicle a thorough cleaning inside and out. It will likely be less than spotless shortly into your trip, so start fresh.
- Storage: If possible, avoid attaching luggage to the top of the car. It interferes with your vehicle’s aerodynamics and will slow you down and reduce fuel economy. Put the bags inside the car for better results.
- Trash: Be prepared for the inevitable garbage you’ll be generating on your trip. Place a small garbage bag inside the vehicle.
- Filter: As part of your pre-trip maintenance, be sure to change the air filter.
- Spark plugs: Check the spark plugs and change these if needed. If you’re not sure, consult with a local technician to provide a thorough inspection of your vehicle to make sure it’s ready for the trip.
- Spare: Make sure you have a healthy spare tire, plus a tire iron and jack. You don’t want to have a flat without any of these three essentials on hand.
- Towels: You’ll probably experience at least one spill. Plus, your windshield will pick up a bug here and there along the way. Keep some towels in the car to clean up these messes.
- Extra keys: No one wants to get locked out of their vehicle hundreds of miles from home. Put a spare key in your wallet or somewhere that will ensure it’s with you at all times.
- Downloads: Depending on where your road trip takes you, you might not always have reliable internet service. Update your music library and download an audio book or two, so you have listening options at all times.
- Cables: No road trip prep list in Houston, TX is complete without electronics. Be sure to bring all your tech cables along for the ride. Pack a car charger for your phone and all other devices that you’ll be taking with you.
- Survival kit: You might never get far from civilization on your trip, but it’s good to be prepared. Put together a kit of chain or towing rope, a flashlight, screw drivers and wrenches, pliers, a hammer, bungee cords and basic first aid supplies.
Get ready for the road
Ready to go on vacation? Taking a road trip? Complete your road trip prep list in Houston, TX with a visit to Texford Battery Co. Come by and we’ll clean your battery terminals, check the battery health, alternator and starter—for free! It only takes a minute to check the performance, and it can give you peace of mind on your trip.
Categorised in: Car Batteries
This post was written by Writer