Your car battery probably isn’t something you worry about on a daily basis. After all, when you start the car, the battery works, and that’s that. However, when your car battery doesn’t work, then it puts your entire life on hold. It’s best to be able to anticipate these problems before they happen.
That’s why you need the help of a leading battery store in Houston, TX. Experts can help guide you to deal with the battery before it’s a serious problem. A vehicle is a major investment, and you want to make sure you’re working with people who are going to know exactly what your vehicle needs. Here are some things to consider about your car battery’s life:
- The average life of a car battery is four years. So if your car is nearing its fourth birthday, that definitely means it’s time to get the battery checked. If you go for longer than that, you may be pushing your luck.
- Extreme heat and cold can affect the performance of the battery. This is because extreme temperatures can disrupt the chemical reactions that generate power in the battery. This summer has been another hot one, so it may have affected your battery, in which case you should have it tested before winter arrives.
- Take a look at your battery regularly. When you notice signs of corrosion or stains, this is typically a sign of a battery fluid leak. Inspect around the terminals as well, and clean off any buildup using a water and baking soda solution.
- When one battery cell goes bad, then this affects the entire battery. All the other cells need to work harder, leading to a chain effect that depletes the battery’s power.
- Your driving style may affect battery life as well. For example, if you have frequent short commutes, starting the car involves a huge jolt of electricity. Therefore, this can lead to acid stratification. This spells long-term trouble for the health of your battery.
- There are a number of signs that show your battery is in trouble. If your battery cranks but doesn’t start, the vast majority of the time this is because of a faulty battery. This typically means you need jumper cables to start the car, which is a bad sign. The same is true if your car is completely dead, meaning no lights, no crank and no start.
When you’re looking for a top battery store in Houston, TX, the name to trust is Texford Battery Co. Over our seven decades in the business, we’ve learned how to provide unmatched service. We pride ourselves on being the leaders in providing car batteries in the region.
Texford Battery Co. isn’t just a supplier—we’ve worked to innovate in the industry and continue to offer low prices while providing outstanding customer service. We’re able to offer thousands of the industry’s top products to our loyal customers. Contact us today to learn more and to receive a free quote!
Categorised in: Battery Store
This post was written by Writer